SMTL are funded by the Welsh NHS to provide a range of testing and technical support services related to medical devices. See the menu items below for more detail. These include:
- defect and incident investigative work, both for the NHS and for industry
- a range of support services to Sterile Service Departments (SSD's and CSSDs) within Wales and around the UK (such as Endotoxin testing of sterile instruments, Bioburden testing of instruments post washer-disinfector and Water testing of final rinse water to CFPP 01-01, 01-06, WHTM 01-01, 01-06;
- Medical Device Testing specifically to support Procurement Services;
- Technical support for medical device initiatives, such as the introduction of small bore connectors into the Welsh NHS.
- Article Count: 5 Defect/Incident Investigation
- Article Count: 1 CSSD and Endoscopy Support Services
- Article Count: 9 Small Bore Connectors in the Welsh NHS - Supporting Information